The terms “Company,” “us,” “our” and “we” refer to the operator of this Website, journalismisnotacrime.com. The terms “you” and “your” refer to the user or viewer of this Website.
1. Limited License to Use Materials. In connection with the creation, hosting, maintenance and/or display of the Website and Applications, Company uses certain Company proprietary materials or other materials licensed to Company, including, but not limited to, text, artwork, photographs, images, video, audio (collectively, “Content”), software, HTML code and scripts (together with Content, collectively, "Materials") that are protected by copyright laws and other U.K. and international laws and treaties. All Materials are provided by Company as a service to the visitors to and users of this Website, and, unless otherwise authorized, may be used only for personal informational purposes and only if you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials. No right, title or interest in our Materials is conveyed to you. This is a limited license, not a transfer of title to our Materials, and such license is subject to the following restrictions:
a. You may not copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, post, modify, create derivative works from, sell, license or otherwise exploit this Website or any of its Materials without our prior written permission, which may be requested as specified in Section 2 below.
b. You may not access or use the Website or the Materials for any commercial purpose.
c. You will not permit any copying of our Materials. Any unauthorized copying, alteration, distribution, transmission, performance, display or other use of these materials is prohibited.
d. Upon receipt of permission to reproduce the Material, you shall place our copyright and proprietary notices on such reproduced Materials. We may revoke this limited license at any time for any or no reason. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company.
2. Requests for Permission. Requests for permission to use our Materials should include the following information:
a. a description of the Material(s) for which permission to use is desired;
b. the purpose for which the Material(s) will be used and the manner in which the Material(s)will be used; and
c. your name, title, company or organization name, telephone number, fax number, email address and mailing address.
Please send all requests for permission to [email protected]
4. Links. From time to time, this Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the Content of the linked website(s). Access to these sites is at your own risk, and Company will have no liability arising out of or related to such websites and/or their Content or for any damages or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information, Applications and other Materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose. We are not liable for Content provided by you or third parties. Certain Content may not be suitable to all users, including you. We have no duty to pre-screen Content. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. AS A RESULT, ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO OUR VISITORS AND USERS "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. You acknowledge, by your use of this Website, that your use is at your own risk. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimer may not fully apply to you. Company reserves the right to block or deny access to the Website to anyone at any time for any or no reason.
8. Limitation of Liability
a) journalismisnotacrime.com is a public site. The Psychological and Legal Advice sections of journalismisnotacrime.com are aimed at helping journalists who wish to begin their search for relevant information and resources regarding legal and psychological support and information on various issues that may arise during their work. The information provided on the site may not be specific, relevant, or applicable to all individual cases. Please refer to qualified lawyers and experts in your local area to address particular concerns or conditions.
b) Our legal support team is pleased to reply to all queries in a timely manner. All such responses will be published on the site in order to be of assistance to as many interested individuals as possible. However, in cases involving confidential issues that may cause security or other concerns, please inform team at the outset of your query.
c) Please note that the information provided in these sections is not legally binding. Likewise, reference to external hyperlinks and sources do not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or approval of their contents by journalismisnotacrime.com
d) The producers of this website cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, legality or content of the external links, sites or their associated links. Those who visit or read this web site and the body of its content or links assume all risks associated therewith.
e) IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PRESENT, EVEN IF COMPANY IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing limitations on liability may not fully apply to you.
10. Registration. You may choose to register for an account at our Website. If you do, you will choose a user name and password for your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password information and agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
11. Additional Responsibilities and Obligations.
a. Use Of Website. The Website and Applications are for your personal use only. You are responsible for all activities under your account, including any legal liability incurred from the use of your account by you or others.
b. Content You Submit. You may not submit or transmit any Content or other materials or otherwise engage in any conduct through the Applications that:
i. violates or infringes the rights of others including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights;
ii. is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, pornographic, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
iii. victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
iv. contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;
v. may damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks;
vi. interferes with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website or Applications;
vii. attempts to gain unauthorized access to any Applications, user accounts, computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
viii. advertises products or services or otherwise solicits business; or
c. No SPAM. You may not use the Applications to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications such as e-mail. You may not collect information about other Website users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications. You agree to abide by any additional Content guidelines we may post on the Applications, which describe any additional types of objectionable Content that may not be uploaded or posted on the Applications. We may change or update the guidelines at any time.
d. Your Representations and Warranty. By transmitting, posting or sharing Content through the Applications, you represent and warrant to us and other users of the Applications that:
ii. you have obtained the appropriate written consents, releases and/or permission to use the name and likeness any identifiable individual person included in such Content;
iii. you have paid any applicable license, guild or other fees due to third parties for reproduction of any video or audio Content; and
e. Your License. We do not claim ownership of any Content that you may transmit, post or share through the Applications; however, if you elect to submit Content on areas of the Website that are generally available to the public, you grant us, our parent and affiliates the right to publicly display, perform, transmit, distribute, copy and prepare derivative works of any Content in any format and through any channels or means of delivery (including devices, search engines, etc.) as determined by us.
12. Notice of Copyright Infringement. We respect the intellectual property of others. If you are a copyright owner, or authorized to act on behalf of a copyright owner, and believe that any Content available on our Website infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify us at: [email protected]
Your notice must be in writing and include the following:
a. a statement that you have identified Content or other Material on our Website that infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act), along with a description of the way in which you believe the copyrighted material has been infringed;
b. a description of where the potentially infringing material is located on our Website (including a URL and screen shot;
c. A detailed description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed, which should include the type of work (such as a photograph, video, book or a sound recording) and any relevant further details;
d. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work on our Website is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law;
e. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf;
f. an electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy) of the copyright owner or a person authorized to acted on behalf of the copyright owner; and
g. your name, title, company or organization name, telephone number, fax number, email address and mailing address so that we may contact you.
14. Jurisdiction. This Website is hosted within the United Kingdom If you access this Website from outside of the United KIngdom, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with your local laws. The terms of this Website shall be governed by the laws of England, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
Last Updated: 27th April 2015